Straight, Gay, LGBT We all want to have a great relationship but some of us just don’t know how to keep one. Here are some common mistakes Gay men make in relationships.
1. Open Relationships: While we may want to live interesting and experimental lives, the biggest mistake a Gay couple can make is having an open one. You would assume that what you have is enough to make it work, but when you feel like you need more than what you have, it borders problems. You and your partner risk the trouble of falling in love with someone else, having chemistry he might prefer over yours, or risk putting the whole relationship out to dry. While threesomes may be a bit more optional, Open relationships just don’t seem to be the way to go about things and is probably the number one reason Gay relationships don’t work. Sometimes when a relationship doesn’t work its time to move on. Don’t recycle something you’re not going to use again and use OPEN as an excuse.
2. Neediness: A common relationship mistake Gay men make is attaching themselves too much and too quickly. Even twins born together have their own ways of being independent. It is not your partner’s fault if you have had issues in the past with other people or family and it is not his job to pick up the pieces. While there is nothing wrong with loving hard, a Gay man must always learn to have his own voice, his own identity and his own life. If you worry too much about latching on, you run the risk of pushing your partner away.
3. Arguing: No relationship is perfect, and we all argue and disagree sooner or later. But arguing about everything can be very toxic. Stop using excuses about how “Strong” & “Independent” you are to win a fight. Respect boundaries, respect each other and respect space and opinions. While he may not say everything you want to hear, learn to listen and learn to understand. After all, you picked him right? Don’t say anything you’re going to regret later. Sometimes words hurt more than sticks and stones and sometimes saying things in the heat of the moment can result in losing someone you truly love. If it’s not important, let it go. If it’s something you can’t control, learn to vocalize your concerns and learn to keep it to the point. If you are hitting a brick wall, analyze your relationship and make a decision whether he is right for you. But never destroy your relationship with words.
4. Being With Someone For Comfort (Money, Favors, Apartment) While there is no problem moving in with your boyfriend or sharing an account or money, there is a fine line between sharing and taking more than he wants to give. Don’t get in a relationship because you need stability and he’s your safety net. Learn to work for your own, earn your own and have your own things. There’s nothing worse than having a break-Up and you having to be out on the street because everything belongs to him. While some men may seem amazing at first, you quickly find out they may be using you as well. Be with someone because you love them, not because they can give you something of luxury.
5. Going to the club together: While many may disagree, this is probably the most common mistake a Gay man can make. A club is never a place to spend quality time with your boyfriend. While it may seem innocent and fun, Clubs involve alcohol and a bunch of hot guys (depending on what club you go to). And while you may say that your eyes are only for him, and his for you, there is a lot of distraction and a lot of men who are not afraid to flirt hardcore. Some men go to clubs just to find a man to fuck. If you are not there to hook up do not pretend like its for the music. Unfortunately, in the Gay community there are people who don’t respect what you have and while its all about trust, I don’t think you want to complicate it by having a guy shake his ass in front of you. A small bar or a more loungy upscale place is more convenient. You don’t have to worry about going to the bathroom and leaving your cameraphone on.
6. Putting Your Relationship Status on FB: You might be that guy who feels like your boyfriend should definitely change his relationship status on FB to prove his love, but this may harm you more than it works for you. Why? Because you or your boyfriend may notice that your friend requests keep growing only because people want to know who this guy is. Some guys don’t care and will hit on your boyfriend even if it says In Relationship. Don’t ask me why they’re like this, but its a fact. Also, you may get upset when these sudden mutual friends leave innuendos or comments on your boyfriends timeline, assuming your stupid enough not to notice. While anyone would assume its all about trust, like the club, some men just have no respect or dignity. Some men are more attracted to what they can’t have or will do things to spite you. So prepare yourself. Sometimes its better to just not put up a relationship status to begin with and just trust your partner. Its up to you.
7. Not Allowing Your Boyfriend To Go Out With Friends: You’re his boyfriend not his master. The biggest mistake a Gay man can do is think he can control his boyfriend. While a lot of Gay couples don’t mind being on a leash and it works for them, some people just need space. This is where trust really comes in. If you feel like you can’t trust your boyfriend enough with any of his friends, then he’s not for you. A good boyfriend is suppose to make you feel secure and know that he is there for you not because you’re around. Same thing with Passwords and emails. If you can’t trust your boyfriend you don’t deserve him. He’s his own person and whether you like it or not, we’re in the real world. Unlike the club where you’re in a close capacity to horny drunk men, the world is full of different people, not all out to get your man. Learn to trust and to live your own life as well. Some things you can do together and some apart.
A HUGE thank you to all the fans that have read this and supported it, I read all your positive comments and I’m glad I can be a voice of reason. As for the ones with all the hate and negativity, I hope you learn how to think before you speak. You can email me your comments good and bad & maybe I’ll retweet you! RevolutionaryGay@gmail.com
Don’t forget to read our amazing articles, interviews and support our LGBT community. The more you hate the more you kill the love. The more you love the more you kill the hate!! <3 You guys are awesome!! Editor-In-Chief Xavii Matisse
- bigboystu likes this
- aimtopleasemyself reblogged this from revolutionarygaymagazine
- polarimagazine likes this
- prince-moon likes this
- dekebreuer likes this
- myoperamind reblogged this from revolutionarygaymagazine
- elgrds likes this
- gaypopnerd likes this
- loverofbaddies likes this
- hardlame reblogged this from ashotofcahm and added:
- hardlame likes this
- teenagehorm0nes reblogged this from animal4
- teenagehorm0nes likes this
- imnotyourfoe-joe reblogged this from revolutionarygaymagazine and added:
- love-sex-embrace-different likes this
- phatazzslut reblogged this from roy-bernkastel
- phatazzslut likes this
- dazzavampiros reblogged this from revolutionarygaymagazine and added:
- arrogance-is-bliss likes this
- okabriansyach likes this
- 877506 likes this
- waistbandboy likes this
- creativemind5 likes this
- fourpersonalities reblogged this from revolutionarygaymagazine
- miguelangel2015 reblogged this from rockafellazent
- theodore-james reblogged this from revolutionarygaymagazine
- analdelgay3000 likes this
- jlandon10in reblogged this from revolutionarygaymagazine
- polishmetoo likes this
- whatsawanderer likes this
- bigscott44 likes this
- preppysaggs likes this
- sassmaster96 likes this
- ahau-kin likes this
- ahau-kin reblogged this from revolutionarygaymagazine
- rudeness200 likes this
- looksinit likes this
- johax04 likes this
- aguywholikesguys reblogged this from revolutionarygaymagazine
- aguywholikesguys likes this
- isrvrealmen likes this
- kingjames2270 likes this
- thepowerofsexuality likes this
- thepowerofsexuality reblogged this from touchandbust
- sapphireninja20 likes this
- noroomfordoubts likes this
- bxthoroughbred reblogged this from revolutionarygaymagazine and added:
- gaykerlgay likes this
- youngfreshprince313 reblogged this from iantonyo and added:
- youngfreshprince313 likes this